Who is eligible to become a host family?
This is a very interesting article, aimed at those families that wish to become a Red Leaf host family; as well as those parents of future international students who are attentive to how the people who fulfill such an important role are selected.
Finding a host family is not an easy task. You have to evaluate important aspects such as health and emotional stability, having a clean and tidy home, financial sufficiency, among others. The most important thing, however, is to be willing to welcome the new student into your home as another member of the family.
Characteristics to be chosen as a suitable host family
A Red Leaf home is kind, understanding and patient; always keeping in mind that this new experience can be overwhelming at first; being far from home is not easy for the student but having the right support makes things better. The host family must be aware of the difficulties that entail opening up and sharing their lifestyle, but that doing so in the right way can be a very gratifying experience.
A family can consist of one or two parents, a child or several children to share and even a pet. You can also be the ideal family regardless of religion, race or culture. These are some additional characteristics, if you meet any of them do not hesitate to register as a potential host family.
– You are interested in other cultures, languages and countries.
– You are an empathic, respectful, responsible and honest family.
– Be willing to host young students from other countries.
– Be willing to share your environment and customs.
– Provide the support and attention they need at all times.
– Have the financial base to welcome a new member into your family.
– Be recognized in your community as respected, decent members of a good family with strong values.
We invite you to live this experience in the most rewarding way for all members of the family, with Red Leaf Canada.